Internet Safety Advice for Children
Whether you use the internet for fun or for learning new things, it’s important that you do it safely.
If you’re one of the older children in our school, you probably know lots already about the internet, but even so, take some time to have a look at the links below.
There’s information on how to use the internet safely and who to talk to if you are worried about something.
Don’t give out personal details.
- A ‘cyber-friend’ is not a real friend.
- Don’t say anything in a chat room that you wouldn’t say in public.
- If someone is rude or threatening in a chat room, report them and they will be removed.
- Print off any threatening chat ‘logs’. You may need to report it later.
- A stranger is someone that you don’t know.
- The person that you are chatting to may not be who you think they are.
- Are you downloading illegal files?
The internet is a fantastic way of finding out lots of information. It is the biggest library in the world and can be lots of fun … use it sensibly and safely.